Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Repair Bricked Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 by firmware flashing


If you have bricked (continuous boot loop) your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 Phone by improper flashing of Custom ROM or kernel, then don't worry. Now you can easily repair your phone through firmware flashing.

1. Download and install Kies for Samsung Phone's driver
2. Download latest firmware : http://goo.gl/P6Lf1 (Format: PHONE, CSC, MODEM)
3. Extract the downloaded firmware package
4. There are 3 *.tar (or tar.md5) files
5. Download Odin Odin 3.07 : http://goo.gl/J2ZZC
6. Close Kies and kill all active ADB sessions from task manager
7. Now Start Odin in Computer
8. Connect Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 with computer using USB cable
9. Start the device in Download mode (Press Vol Down + Home + Power at the same time)
10. Press Volume Up to go to the Odin mode
11. If the phone is connected properly, Odin will show a Yellow signal in first ID:COM
12. Now Browse the 3 tar files from Odin : PDA=PDA_****.tar, PHONE=MODEM_ or PHONE_*****.tar, CSC=CSC_*****.tar
13. No need of PIT or BOOT files. Leave those fields empty
14. Do not change the default settings of Odin. Leave all the checkbox as default
15. Now press Start flashing by the START button
16. Wait until flashing is completed. A green PASS! will be seen in Odin ID:COM
17. After successful flashing. Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 Phone will reboot
18. Now your phone is loaded with original Stock ROM.


Written by
If you like this post, you can follow MyCoolFundas on Twitter, Like MyCoolFundas on Facebook or subscribe our Youtube Channel for instant updates. Email: snpmath@gmail.com

35 comments:

Pavan said...

I have a problem my mobile is not detecting in PC.
That means Odin is not showing Yellow signal in first ID:COM

Please help me

Siddhartha Pal said...

first, you need to install Kies, if kies detect your phone then follow the above procedure.

dnyaneshwar bhaip said...

if kies does not detect my phone...then wat to do....pls reply fast

dnyaneshwar bhaip said...

if kies does not detect my phone...then wat to do....pls reply fast

Siddhartha Pal said...

Download the driver for your phone and install it. Install Odin and then check whether it detects your phone or not. Once your phone is detected, follow the above instructions...

Siddhartha Pal said...

I seems you have done something wrong... don't worry, try to re-flash the firmware and if you are successful, your phone will be ok.

Sai Chander said...

i cant download that firmware file in india....

Karthik Krishna said...

just download samsung usb driver from net . no need to install kies anymore .. visit technosofti7.blogspot.com

Sunny Vamsi said...

hello sir, my mobile galaxy y s6102 have briked by 2 reasons my brother took my mobile and he performed improper way in installing jellyblast rom.....and he tried to repair by odin,while downloading frimware he took out the battery.....after switch on my mobile is blinking with white screen now what ia have to do? plzzz tell me

Luis Antonio Santiago said...

i cant re-flash the firmware. it says failed and the message center says:
NAND write start
complete(write) operation failed.
what do i do?

Siddhartha Pal said...

you need to re-flash the firmware again, It will fix the phone.

Siddhartha Pal said...

don't worry, repeat the same procedure until the operation is successful.

Allwyn said...

hello sir,i have bricked my sgy s6102.i tried flashing the stock rom but my device is not getting recognized by my PC,so odin does not recognizing ,please suggest me possible way out quickly as possible as its the only source of my communication in my hostel.please do help me getting out.thanks in advance do mail at jonchu8@gmail.com

Siddhartha Pal said...

1st, install the Kies for Phone driver. Close all instances of Kies from Task Manager. Connect the phone through usb cable and the boot the phone into download mode by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home buttons. Then Open odin and re-flash the phone as described above.

vishnu varadan said...

i can't download firmware for india

ICAEW Reloaded said...

I was installing Stick cricket on my 6312 nd suddenly ts turned off.. now not turnning on.. pressing power button nothing happen .. no logo.. no blacklight :P what to do ?..

shameer ma said...

hi sir everything worked. But aftrer done everything it continuesly restarting again and again why

Mendapara Akash said...

after flashing pass...my phone galaxy y GTS6102 having only white screen which is turn on and off again and again...plz give solution

Carl Manga said...

thank you. it worked

Sahil Rakhecha said...

the pc is not detecting my phn and i am not able to find phn driver!!!
plz send me the link asap!!! gmail id samyak999genius@gmail.com
plz mail me

ipsit rai said...

help me i cannot download firmfare pls give me link to download directly plsss

ipsit rai said...

what thing i have to download pls tell me odin and firmware only

renuka said...

THANKS VERY MUCH

THIS IS WORKING GUY

Mohammed Arsath said...

You boot your phone into recovery mode and do factory reset and reboot your phone

Ronak said...

no yellow signal please help tried all ways....

Lukesh Mendhe said...

Sir how i can increase my internal memory of my galaxy y dous s6102 plss help....

Nagendra Reddy said...

thank you very much..it's working great

prathvik jain said...

new firmware is 12608 mb

kausal tiwari said...

hello sir when i go to odin mode it show Downloding......

kausal tiwari said...

what should i do....?

Ion Condrea Stefanescu said...

thank you very much!!!!

chotu bhai said...

i can't download firmware for india version can u get a another download link for the same

Ravish Kumar said...

when press volume up key+home+power nothing happens. my mobile is not working.please help me

Faraz Khan said...

hello sir my samsung galaxy y duos GTs6102 was not working . when i root my mobile witn kitkat 4.4 it work but when i un rooted my mobile it was stop working ie was showing only its logo please help me.....

Faraz Khan said...

Then what should i do ?

Post a Comment